- Quasim S, MacDonald AJ and Sarre SD (2018) Towards more efficient large-scale DNA-based detection of terrestrial mammal predators from scats. Mammal Research https://doi.org/10.1007/s13364-018-0369-x
- Campbell CD, Sarre SD, Stojanovic D, Gruber B, Medlock K, Harris S, MacDonald AJ and Holleley CE (2018) When is a native species invasive? Incursion of a novel predatory marsupial detected using molecular and historical data. Diversity and Distributions 00: 1–10 (link to ResearchGate page). I wrote a blog post at WildlifeSNPits to accompany this paper.
- Carlson E, MacDonald AJ, Adamack A, McGrath T, Doucette LI, Osborne WS, Gruber B, Sarre SD (2016) How many conservation units are there for the endangered grassland earless dragons? Conservation Genetics 17, 761–774 (link to full text).
I wrote a blog post at WildlifeSNPits to accompany this paper.
- Ramsey DSL, MacDonald AJ, Quasim S, Barclay C, Sarre SD (2015) An examination of the accuracy of a sequential PCR and sequencing test used to detect the incursion of an invasive species: the case of the red fox in Tasmania. Journal of Applied Ecology 52, 562-570 (link to full text). I wrote a blog post at WildlifeSNPits to accompany this paper.
- Sarre SD, MacDonald AJ, Berry OF, Barclay C, Saunders GR and Ramsey DSL (2014) Defining specificity in DNA detection of wildlife: Response to Gonçalves et al. "The risks of using "species-specific" PCR assays in wildlife research: The case of red fox (Vulpes vulpes) identification in Tasmania". Forensic Science International: Genetics 13, 206-207 (link to full text).
- Cowled BD, Ward MP, Laffan SW, Galea F, Garner MG, MacDonald AJ, Marsh I, Muellner P, Negus K, Quasim S, Woolnough A and Sarre SD (2012) Integrating survey and molecular approaches to better understand wildlife disease ecology. PLoS ONE 7(10): e46310. doi:10.1371/journal.pone.0046310 (link to full text).
- MacDonald AJ, Sankovic N, Sarre SD, FitzSimmons NN, Wakefield MJ, Graves JAM and Zenger KR (2006) Y chromosome microsatellite markers identified from the tammar wallaby (Macropus eugenii) and their amplification in three other macropod species. Molecular Ecology Notes 6, 1202-1204 (link to full text).
- MacDonald AJ, Sarre SD, FitzSimmons NN (2010) Sex chromosome microsatellites: new tools for macropod population ecology. Pp. 53-64 In: Coulson G, Eldridge, M.D.B.; Macropods: The Biology of Kangaroos, Wallabies and Rat-kangaroos. CSIRO Publishing.
- Cooper S, Ottewell K and MacDonald AJ (2015) The taxonomic status of populations of southern brown bandicoots, Isoodon obesulus, from eastern and southern Australia based on mitochondrial and nuclear gene analyses. A report for Natural Resources Adelaide and Mount Lofty Ranges South Australia and the federal Department of Environment (link to full text).
- Robley A, Newell G, White M, MacDonald A, Sarre S, Triggs B, Currie J and Smith S (2012) Strategic Red Fox control on bushfire affected public land in Victoria – Black Saturday Victoria 2009 – Natural values fire recovery program. Department of Environment and Primary Industries, East Melbourne, Victoria (link to full text).
- Sarre SD, Aitken N, Adamack AT, MacDonald AJ, Gruber B, Cowan P (2014) Data from: Creating new evolutionary pathways through bio-invasion: the population genetics of brushtail possums in New Zealand. Dryad Digital Repository http://dx.doi.org/10.5061/dryad.8364h