- Oz Mammals Genomics Initiative
- Moritz Lab - Evolutionary biogeography & conservation
- Institute for Applied Ecology, University of Canberra
- IUCN Conservation Genetics Specialist Group
- GEO BON Genetic Composition Working Group
- EMBL-ABR Open Science Special Interest Group
- Genetics Society of AustralAsia
- Australian Mammal Society
- Ecological Society of Australia
- Society for Conservation Biology
- Australasian Genomic Technologies Association
- Scraps of DNA Are Helping Scientists Track Down Nature's Most Elusive Creatures. Earther 26/03/2018.
- Calls for an end to protected status for sugar gliders. The Mercury 13/03/2018.
- Sugar gliders an invasive species in Tasmania, scientists find. Australian Geographic 05/02/2018.
- Tasmania’s not so sweet invader: the sugar glider. CSIROscope 02/02/2018.
- UC led-study identifies not so sweet Tasmanian invader. University of Canberra Monitor 02/02/2018.
- UC-led study identifies not so sweet Tasmanian invader (video). Australian Science Media Centre 01/02/2018.
- Pest animal poo identification system in researchers sights. Queensland Country Life 11/11/2016.
- Animal droppings key to protecting endangered species. University of Canberra Monitor 11/11/2016.
- Implications of uncertain taxonomy for conservation management: case studies on bandicoots and gliders - a presentation by Steve Cooper at the NRM Science Conference 2016 (Adelaide), discussing our work on Isoodon bandicoots 15/04/2016.
- Parrots versus possums. Catalyst, ABC TV 20/10/2015, featuring work by PhD student Catriona Campbell.
- Fox fright on Kangaroo Island. The Islander 02/04/2015.
- Tasmania’s fox hunt was worth it, even if there were no foxes. The Conversation 24/03/2015.
- Predator Scat Survey. Catalyst, ABC TV 27/11/2014.
- Foxes in Tasmania: a closer look at DNA analyses of predator scats. Institute for Applied Ecology 05/05/2014.
- Second great poo hunt. The Examiner 08/01/2014.
- Volunteers urged to assist with Great Poo Hunt scat collection for vital wildlife cause. The Mercury 08/01/2014.
- DNA sequencing reveals Garden Island’s inbred wallabies. Science Network Western Australia 25/11/2013.
- Startling genetic similarity in tammar wallabies. Phys.org 25/11/2013.
- My collaborator Brian Chambers blogged about our tammar wallaby population genetics paper 08/11/2013.
- New science minister visits UC. Monitor Online 10/04/2013.
- Fox invasion threatens wave of extinction, UC research finds. Monitor Online 05/12/2012.
- New UC labs to help conserve Australian wildlife. Monitor Online 03/09/2010.
- Greens MLA tours health and ecology facilities. Monitor Online 25/03/2009.